25 Tricks to Healthier Living
- Alternative Health (14) Here you'll find articles that help reduce th...
- Emotional Health (15) Emotions are very much tied to what we eat, when w...
- Fit On-the-Go (21) In this very busy world, it's hard to find time to...
- Mistakes & Pitfalls (26) We all have reasons why we don't eat healthy and e...
- Pregnancy & Family (20) The more healthy you are, the more likely you are ...
- Problem Areas (14) Some of us struggle with losing our belly fat, whi...
- Specific Programs (51) We have diet plans and exercise routines from cele...
- The Basics (38) These articles will teach you some basics of healt...
- Real Truth (25) With all the myths and rumors floating around abou...
- Tools & Resources (15) When you start something new in your life, the mor...
1. Eat Breakfast every morning. Starting the day off with a good breakfast helps boost metabolism and start the day with a surge of energy.
2. Get enough sleep. Lack of sleep is important to being able to function properly and improves cognitive and physical performance.
3. Eat fish twice a week. The omega 3s in fish and their oils is very beneficial to the body. Fish are also a great source of lean protein that helps build muscles and healthy hair and nails.
4. Be social. Get involved in a church, group sport, class or organization that involves interacting with others.
5. Indulge in a hobby that inspires you. Playing the guitar, sewing, making crafts, sculpting, collecting rare books, gives us something to look forward too.
6. Brush your teeth. Following a good dental hygiene program is important. The mouth is the first defense against bacteria and needs to be well protected.
7. Healthy snacks. Instead of grabbing a bag of Cheetos or a candy bar, stock up on fruit bars and yogurt cups. They are much better for you and will keep you guilt-free.
8. Drink lots of water. Water is the main component of the human body and it serves many vital bodily functions.
9. Stop smoking and avoid alcoholic beverages. Smoking causes severe health issues and alcohol consumption impairs motor and cognitive skills as well as causing dehydration.
10. Protect your skin. Wearing a hat and using protective sunscreen can reduce your risks of skin spots, premature aging and cancer.
11. Set goals. While trying to improve your quality of life, choose several goals to work on at a time and write them down. Use them as a reference to keep yourself motivated and focused.
12. Do a good turn daily. Following the scout slogan brings a sense of pride, satisfaction and accomplishment.
13. Do something active every day. Take a walk, ride a bike, vacuum the house, have sex, do something that will get you moving around and do it daily.
14. Breathe deeply. Take 5-10 minutes every day to breathe deeply and clear your mind. This technique for relaxing helps release stress and control your emotions.
15. Eat more. Instead of eating 3 large meals, eat 6 small ones a day. Eating a little more often, keeps your metabolism running more efficiently and for longer periods of time.
16. Avoid white sugar. White sugar decreases your bodies ability to defend itself from bacteria. It lowers your immune system.
17. Be grateful. Giving thanks provides a higher-level of psychological well being.
18. Think positively. The power of positive thinking produces lower stress levels and happier emotional states that improve the quality of life for everyone.
19. Live simply. There are many distractions and mindless activities to do at any given time. If you can strip away all those that are unnecessary you will feel lighter and happier.
20. Continue lifelong learning. Keep your mind acute and active by seeking education and personal knowledge even after high school and college.
21. Manage stress. Find the ways that release your stress in a positive manner and engage in those activities frequently.
22. Smile. A little smile can go a long way in overcoming bad moods.
23. Floss. Bacteria that builds up between your teeth can move into other parts of your body so flossing is important in keeping healthy.
24. Don't overeat. Overeating causes weight gain and puts stress on your body systems, joints, and bones.
25. Be frugal. By saving money you avoid many stressful situations. It also creates a peace of mind that is a natural result of being prepared.