The way you start your day has a way of setting the tone for the rest of the day. If you start out feeling rushed or overwhelmed, that feeling tends to stay with you, causing you to feel overly anxious until it’s time to go to bed. However, if you start your day feeling relaxed and organized, your day will flow more smoothly and you’ll have more energy throughout the day. Here are 10 healthy ways you can start your day.
1. Go for a morning walk before anyone else is awake.
2. Drink a full glass of water before breakfast.
3. Before getting dressed, spend 5 minutes doing relaxing yoga.
4. Instead of driving your kids to school, plan extra time and walk instead.
5. Skip the cold cereal and make healthy whole grain oats with fresh fruit.
6. Set your alarm for 10 minutes earlier, and have your kids’ lunches made before they wake up.
7. Trade in your morning diet soda for a fruit and veggie smoothie instead.
8. Instead of hitting the snooze twice, get up and do 10 minutes of sit ups, push ups, planks and triceps dips.
9. Go for a traditional, lightly sweetened morning coffee instead of a calorie dense option.
10. Include some healthy protein in your breakfast, like beans, avocados or spinach.