When you think of weight loss, it’s all about calories in versus calories out. If you want to lose weight, you need to burn more calories than you consume by moving your body. One of the easiest ways to burn calories is to simply walk. Almost anyone can do it, just about anywhere, anytime. All you have to do is take the first step and keep going. Here are 7 simple ways you can get in at least 7,000 steps each day.
1. Take the stairs, not the elevator
2. March in place as you stand in the shower
3. Go for a walk during your lunch break
4. Choose the farthest spot in the parking lot
5. Take public transportation and walk the added blocks
6. Walk around during your 15 minute work breaks
7. Take your best friend on a daily walk