How does the Richard Simmons Diet work? Richard Simmons has a website that requires a membership to join. Depending on the membership level there are many things to take part in. The diet portion of the membership includes: access to hundreds of FoodMover Friendly Recipes, an online FoodMover, and FoodMover Instructions. You receive new meal plans each week based on your own personal calorie level. You can choose to plan your own meals or they will do the planning for you. The basic Richard Simmons diet follows the Food Guide Pyramid of 60/20/20 carbs/fat/protein, 1200 calories/day and regular exercise, which are the recommendations of most registered dietitians. He offers supplements, and a very complete exercise program.
If you answer yes to more than 50% of the following questions, the Richard Simmons Diet is right for you:
- 1Do you want a diet and exercise plan with an enormous amount of support and motivation?
- 2Do you want someone to design your weekly meal plans and give you a shopping list?
- 3Do you want a program that offers newsletters, food trackers, and forums to chat with other dieters?
- 4Are you wanting a positive and uplifting way to lose weight?
- 5Do you want an online diet plan that comes with great resources?
The Richard Simmons Diet promise to you?
Richard Simmons is very different than most weight loss experts. He loves helping people lose weight, but cares more about them having fun along the way. He uses unconditional support and love to motivate you to become the best person possible. He promises that if you become a member of his clubhouse and participate in any of his classes, or work out with any of his exercise videos, you will always feel loved, appreciated and will become healthier every day.
The Theory and Details Behind the Richard Simmons Diet
In 1974, Richard Simmons had a dream to open an exercise studio that was fun and inviting. Unlike most other studios that seemed very serious, he wanted people to learn that you can have fun while you exercise. Soon after he began teaching Slimmons, word spread and people started flocking to his classes. People loved getting exercise while they danced to fun music. He started out each class with a rhythmic warm up, the overall stretches before beginning to dance. He used oldies as well as current songs to attract people of all ages. Anyone from 15 to 80 years old would come, dance, sweat and become more healthy together. The last thing they'd do was lift weights and do push ups and sit ups to tone their upper bodies. In one class, they'd get cardio, all over toning, while having a blast.
For the past 36 years, people have been inspired by Richard Simmons to lose weight and take control of their lives. He has produced several exercise DVDs throughout the years and continues to teach his classes even today. If you are ever in Los Angeles, you can take one of his classes in person. For those of you who do not live in Los Angeles, you can use his exercise DVDs and join his online Clubhouse to start losing weight.
There are no forbidden foods according to Richard Simmons. He recommends a well balanced diet, full of fruits and vegetables, and low on fat and sugar. He teaches you how to be aware of what you eat, and how it effects your body. You are taught to use moderation in your dieting and snack on things like carrot sticks instead of cupcakes.
Details of Clubhouse Membership
- Each month, Richards writes a column for clubhouse members that talks about what's going on in the clubhouse. You can even read about his spotlight the first of each month.
- Participate in live chats with other people in the clubhouse where you can share your sorrows, challenges, successes and weaknesses.
- Have access to transcripts of Richard's live chats in case you weren't able to participate in them live, or you wanted to review something later on.
- Participate in chat rooms with other clubhouse members 24 hours a day.
- Visit message boards where you can participate in topics and discussions about weight loss. You can even upload your photos to the member photo gallery to share with friends.
- Earn webbie awards given out by Richard himself for losing a certain amount of weight, participating in online events, and much more.
- Receive Richard Grams, which are motivational emails that include new exciting ideas from other clubhouse members.
- Archive of Daily Messages put out by Richard that include inspirational stories, cooking tips and much more. You can search all of these by any keyword you choose.
- Access to Dear Richard archives where you can hear his answers to questions people like you have asked him throughout the years.
- Participate in Cyber Cruises put on by Richard himself.
- Participate in the FoodMover Program that helps you keep track of the food you eat each day. You can print out your foodsheets to keep around your house, or access this online so you have it whenever you need it.
- Have access to hundred of recipes Richard has added throughout the years that help you eat smarter. You can receive meal plans every week that are designed for your specific caloric needs.
- Information and Tips about exercise and losing weight.
- Your own profile and weight tracker to keep up with your progress. You will also have your own private online journal where you can write down your thoughts and feelings.
- Get 10% off all merchandise from the Richard Simmons official store.
What Health Care Professionals Say About the Richard Simmons Diet
The Richard Simmons diet is based on sound principles that have been around forever. He teaches people to exercise regularly, eat a well balanced diet and have faith in yourself. Study after study has proven the effectiveness of these timeless basics. The medical community, including the American Dietetic Association, encourage the same type of well balanced diet. Regardless of the fad diets that have come and gone, if you follow the simple principles Richard Simmons advocates, you will lose weight.
Examples of Richard Simmons Diet Meals: #1
|Breakfast||Whole wheat French toast with low calorie syrup|
|Snack||Half a medium banana|
|Lunch||Spinach Salad with feta cheese and Melba toast|
|Snack||1 cup of plain yogurt with a half-cup of unsweetened apple sauce|
|Dinner||Oven roasted chicken with grilled asparagus and one pear|
Examples of Richard Simmons Diet Meals: #2
|Breakfast||3 egg white omelet, 1/2 bagel, 1 slice bacon|
|Snack||1 kiwi fruit mixed in 1 cup low fat plain yogurt|
|Snack||23 pieces M&Ms|
|Lunch||2 oz chicken, 1 cup salad greens, 1 cup carrots, 1 cup cucumber, 1 cup croutons, 1T fat free salad dressing, 1/2 cup veggie juice|
|Snack||one-quarter cup cereal, 1 cup milk|
|Dinner||2oz pork chop, 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce, 1 slice bread, 1 cup roasted fresh green beans|
Richard Simmons Club House Membership
OVERALL SCORE |
Name: David ( Story
David met Richard Simmons and took him up on the offer to help him lose weight. At first he was afraid to set goals. So he just worked day by day, taking a healthy lunch to work. And going to the gym right after work. Once he lost 50 lbs he set his first goal.
Was: 402lbs Now: 235lbs
Name: Holly ( StoryHolly got serious about losing weight when her ex-husband died and her daughter worried that Holly would also die as she was so unhealthy. She worked hard, following Richard Simmons recommendations, and lost 106 pounds. She has 26 pounds to go to reach her goal weight. She no longer has to use a cane to walk, and has cut out many of the medications she had to take.)
Age: 50 Was: 278lbs Now: 172lbs