Is the TLC Diet diet right for you?
- 1Do you have a history of high cholesterol?
- 2Do you want an affordable diet option?
- 3Do you want to continue to eat foods that you enjoy?
- 4Do you want fa flexible diet?
- 5Do you want to see results in a short period of time?
- 6 Are you willing to make your diet a lifestyle?
The TLC Diet promise to you?
The TLC diet promises to lower your LDL or Bad cholesterol 8-10 percent in as little as 6 weeks. This is healthy for the heart and the body and drastically lowers your risk of heart attack and stroke.
The Theory and Details Behind the TLC Diet diet
The TLC diet is approved and recommended by the American Heart Association and was designed to maintain weight by lowering the amount of LDL cholesterol in the body and reducing the amount of saturated fat being consumed.
The TLC diet lowers cholesterol by increasing activity and setting guidelines on how much fats, protein, carbs, and fiber you consume. It is considered a balanced diet and while it was not designed specifically for weight loss it does help with weight loss when followed correctly.
TLC Guidelines are:
- Less than 200 milligrams of cholesterol
- Less than 7% of total calories should be saturated fat
- 2400mg of sodium a day or less
- At least 30 minutes of exercise daily
- Consume the amount of calories to maintain weight
It is recommended that you exercise for at least 30 minutes every day which could be as easy as a brisk walk.
What Health Care Professionals Say About the TLC Diet diet
The Theraputic Lifestyle Changes diet is highly recommended by the American Heart Association and the National Institute of Health. It is also endorsed by USNews.com.
Examples of TLC Diet Meals: #1
|Breakfast||Oatmeal with nonfat milk, brown sugar and a banana|
|Lunch||Whole wheat, turkey, lettuce, and tomato sandwich with a little mayo, carrot sticks & an apple|
|Snack||Vanilla yogurt with raisins & peanuts|
|Dinner||Baked Salmon, brown rice, broccoli, and a small salad|
|Snack||A peach with nonfat milk|
TLCDiet.orgFREE website has all the specifics on how to follow this diet. No books, no gimmicks. Just a healthy way of life.