- Calorie Shifting Diets (18) Changing it up
- Asian Diets (5) Oriental Nutrition
- Low Carb Diets (12) Calorie Restriction
- High Carb Diets (2) Eat More Carbs
- Meal Replacement (10) Shakes & Treats
- Celebrity Diets (6) Hollywood Star Diets
- High Fiber Diets (5) Energy & Digestion
- Low Calorie Diets (10) Weight Loss Success
- Meal Delivery Diets (4) Right to your Door
- Fitness Programs (6) Intense Exercise
- Pills & Supplements (7) Weight Loss Helps
- Detox & Cleanse Diets (6) Healthy Inside & Out
- Calorie Counting Diets (4) Less is More
- Acai Diets (2) Purple Fruit
Low Carb Diets
Low carb diets are those that restrict the number of carbohydrates consumed and encourage the consumption of fat and protein. They work off the idea that too many carbs in the body cause high blood sugar which increases weight gain. Low Carb diets encourage you to eat ample amounts of meat, cheese, bacon, and dairy products and less sugar, pastries, bread, pasta, or rice. Many low carb diets also suggest a moderate exercise program to burn extra calories and increase the amount of weight loss you achieve.
Why People Like Low Carb Diets
People like low carb diets because they yield weight loss results faster than traditional diets and they tend to increase and maintain consistent energy levels. These diets usually encourage eating all the meat, cheese, bacon, and eggs a person can eat. Where a traditional diet would limit these foods.
Why Low Carb Diets Work
Low carb diets induce a state of ketosis on the body. In other words, the body starts to use stored fat to convert into energy instead of carbohydrates. Usually the body converts carbohydrates into calories which are used for energy in the body. If not enough carbs are being eaten then the body begins to use stored carbs and fat cells to convert into energy. This is when weight loss occurs. Low carb diets also seem to regulate energy levels. Simple carbohydrates are quickly converted to calories and instant energy, but complex carbohydrates break down more slowly and don’t increase blood sugar levels as greatly as the simple carbs. By drastically reducing the amount of carbs in the body, blood sugar levels remain consistent and so does a person’s energy level.
|The pros of Low Carb Diets diets||The cons of Low Carb Diets diets|
Low Carb Diets That We Recommend
Of the top low carb diets available today, we recommend the following diets: