- Advanced (9) Intensify Your Workouts
- Abs/Core (33) Strong Core Strong Mind
- Arms & Shoulders (22) Sleek, Toned Arms
- Back (10) Core Strength Great Posture
- Beginner (20) Strong Foundation of Fitness
- Body/Muscle Building (38) Lean Muscle Definition
- Cardio Workouts (23) Get In Shape Now
- Celebrity Workouts (12) Workout Like a Celebrity
- Chest (11) Tone Up Your Chest
- Gym Workouts (11) Best Gym Workouts
- Home Workouts (39) Workout From Home
- Intermediate (24) Step Up Your Workouts
- Kid Friendly (13) Get Kids Movin'
- Legs & Glutes (23) Rockin' Lower Body
- Pool/Water Workouts (8) Water Fun & Fitness
- Pregnancy (14) Fit Pregnancy
- Running (19) Fit To Run
- Sports Workouts (9) Get Your Sport On
- Stretches/Flexibility (15) Power of Stretching
- Weight Loss (13) Lose Weight Fast
- Yoga/Pilates (11) Yoga/Pilates Strength & Focus
- Body Weight (10) Body Weight Fitness
10 Minute Total Body Barbell Workout
Women are often times hesitant to do weight lifting because they don't want to bulk up their bodies. They are more interested in slimming down their arms and legs. What these women fail to realize is that regular weight lifting will help you slim down faster than just cardiovascular exercise on its own. Although you might not be familiar with using a barbell, the following exercises are easy to do and give you the results you want. These combination exercises will help you lose weight fast because they target several large muscle groups at the same time.
If you have not done barbell exercises before, you may want to do the exercises without a barbell first. Once you are used to the exercises without the barbell, add the barbell for extra weight. If you have used a barbell in the past, and are comfortable with one, feel free to use one with a small amount of weight on it. Those who are very familiar with using moderately to heavily weighted barbells should do so with these exercises.
1 Front Squat to Push Press
- Hold the barbell across the front of your shoulders with an overhand grip.
- Place your hands and feet just beyond the width of your shoulders. Put your upper arms parallel to the ground.
- While keeping your arms in position, squat down, keeping your butt out and head up.
- Stand back up and raise your arms above your head until they're completely straight.
- Return to starting position and repeat for required reps.
2 Dead-lift to Double Hand Row
- Hold a barbell from a standing position with an overhand grip and straight arms. Place your feet shoulder width apart, bend your knees slightly and rest the bar on your thighs.
- Keeping your back straight, lower your upper body until it is almost parallel to the floor.
- Lift the bar towards your chest, squeezing your shoulder blades together. Stop, then reverse your steps until you are back to your starting position.