- Advanced (9) Intensify Your Workouts
- Abs/Core (33) Strong Core Strong Mind
- Arms & Shoulders (22) Sleek, Toned Arms
- Back (10) Core Strength Great Posture
- Beginner (20) Strong Foundation of Fitness
- Body/Muscle Building (38) Lean Muscle Definition
- Cardio Workouts (23) Get In Shape Now
- Celebrity Workouts (12) Workout Like a Celebrity
- Chest (11) Tone Up Your Chest
- Gym Workouts (11) Best Gym Workouts
- Home Workouts (39) Workout From Home
- Intermediate (24) Step Up Your Workouts
- Kid Friendly (13) Get Kids Movin'
- Legs & Glutes (23) Rockin' Lower Body
- Pool/Water Workouts (8) Water Fun & Fitness
- Pregnancy (14) Fit Pregnancy
- Running (19) Fit To Run
- Sports Workouts (9) Get Your Sport On
- Stretches/Flexibility (15) Power of Stretching
- Weight Loss (13) Lose Weight Fast
- Yoga/Pilates (11) Yoga/Pilates Strength & Focus
- Body Weight (10) Body Weight Fitness
5 Steps to Flat Abs with an Exercise Ball
Exercise balls are a great tool to tone and build your muscles. They are easily transported and comfortable to use. You can use your ball to complete this 20-30 minute workout at home, in a hotel room, or during your lunch break at work. It is simple and works all areas of your abs.
1 Reverse Sit-Ups (15-20 reps)
- Lie on your stomach on top of the ball. Place your hands behind your head, fingers should touch but not overlap. Feet should touch the ground and be about shoulder-width apart.
- As you exhale, arch your back and tighten your glutes and lift your torso off the ball. Youll feel it in your abs. Try pulling your shoulder blades together as you lift off. Inhale slowly as you release.
2 Hip Lift (15-20 reps)
- Sit on your ball and roll it down your back until it supports your head, neck, and shoulders. Your bottom should not be touching the ground but should be fairly close. Keep your feet shoulder-width apart.
- Exhale as you raise your hips up to your knee level. Inhale as you release back down to the starting position.
3 Oblique Flusher (15-20 reps)
- Lay on your side on the floor or a mat with your legs fully extended. Prop up your head with your hand. Place the ball between your feet.
- Exhale as you lift the ball toward the ceiling, squeezing your obliques. Inhale as you slowly release.
4 Swimming Stretch (10-15 reps on each side)
- Lay on your hips and stomach on top of the exercise ball. Feet should be touching the floor and about shoulder-width apart. Hand should be on the floor in front of you for balance.
- Exhale as you lift your left leg and right hand and stretch them as far as you can without moving the ball. Point your toes. Inhale as you release. Repeat with the other side.
5 Seated Crunches (15-20 reps)
- Lie on your back on the floor with your knees bent and your feet on top of the ball. Place your hands on the floor at your sides.
- Exhale as you squeeze the ball between your feet and your bottom and lift it off the ground pulling your knees toward your chest. Keep your back flat on the floor, dont let it arch. Inhale as you release.