- Advanced (9) Intensify Your Workouts
- Abs/Core (33) Strong Core Strong Mind
- Arms & Shoulders (22) Sleek, Toned Arms
- Back (10) Core Strength Great Posture
- Beginner (20) Strong Foundation of Fitness
- Body/Muscle Building (38) Lean Muscle Definition
- Cardio Workouts (23) Get In Shape Now
- Celebrity Workouts (12) Workout Like a Celebrity
- Chest (11) Tone Up Your Chest
- Gym Workouts (11) Best Gym Workouts
- Home Workouts (39) Workout From Home
- Intermediate (24) Step Up Your Workouts
- Kid Friendly (13) Get Kids Movin'
- Legs & Glutes (23) Rockin' Lower Body
- Pool/Water Workouts (8) Water Fun & Fitness
- Pregnancy (14) Fit Pregnancy
- Running (19) Fit To Run
- Sports Workouts (9) Get Your Sport On
- Stretches/Flexibility (15) Power of Stretching
- Weight Loss (13) Lose Weight Fast
- Yoga/Pilates (11) Yoga/Pilates Strength & Focus
- Body Weight (10) Body Weight Fitness
6 Exercises Olympic Skiers Do For Training
If you like to ski, the first real snow of the season promises a chance to dig deep into powder and sunshine. Unfortunately, if you don't prepare your body before you go, you run the risk of injuring yourself. Take the time to do the following exercises for at least 8 weeks before you ski, and you'll be set. You'll be able to ski the slopes all day without getting winded.
1 Wall Sits
- Stand with your back to a wall with feet shoulder width apart. Slide down the wall until your back is flat against it and your thighs are parallel to the ground.
- Make sure you keep your knees at a 90 degree angle. Hold this position for 30 seconds, then stand back up again.
- Repeat 4 times, resting one minute in between.
- This exercise will help increase your leg strength.
- Lie on the ground with knees bent and feet flat on the ground.
- Put your hands behind your head, with elbows bent and out to the side. Lift your torso up until it is completely off the ground, keeping your back straight. Lower back down and repeat.
- Complete 3 sets of 20 reps each.
- This exercise will help strengthen your core muscles.
3 Running or Exercise Bike
- Run on a treadmill or ride on an exercise bike for 20-30 minutes.
- Do this at least 3 days a week to build up cardiovascular endurance.
- Lie face down and lift your body up so you are resting on your toes and forearms. Keep your body straight from your ankles to shoulders.
- Hold this position for 30 seconds, then lower back down.
- Complete three sets, resting for one minute between each set.
- This exercise will help increase your core strength.
5 Jump Rope
- Jump with a rope continuously for one minute straight. Do this five times with 30 second breaks in between.
- This will help improve your ankle strength and cardiovascular endurance.
6 Push Ups
- Lie face down and lift your body up so you are resting on your toes and hands. Keep your body straight from your ankles to shoulders.
- Bend your elbows and lower down until your body is parallel to the ground. Push yourself back up again until your arms are straight.
- Do 3 sets of 10 reps each.
- This exercise will increase your arm and core strength to help propel your ski poles forward.