- Advanced (9) Intensify Your Workouts
- Abs/Core (33) Strong Core Strong Mind
- Arms & Shoulders (22) Sleek, Toned Arms
- Back (10) Core Strength Great Posture
- Beginner (20) Strong Foundation of Fitness
- Body/Muscle Building (38) Lean Muscle Definition
- Cardio Workouts (23) Get In Shape Now
- Celebrity Workouts (12) Workout Like a Celebrity
- Chest (11) Tone Up Your Chest
- Gym Workouts (11) Best Gym Workouts
- Home Workouts (39) Workout From Home
- Intermediate (24) Step Up Your Workouts
- Kid Friendly (13) Get Kids Movin'
- Legs & Glutes (23) Rockin' Lower Body
- Pool/Water Workouts (8) Water Fun & Fitness
- Pregnancy (14) Fit Pregnancy
- Running (19) Fit To Run
- Sports Workouts (9) Get Your Sport On
- Stretches/Flexibility (15) Power of Stretching
- Weight Loss (13) Lose Weight Fast
- Yoga/Pilates (11) Yoga/Pilates Strength & Focus
- Body Weight (10) Body Weight Fitness
Best Workout for Children
All of us need to exercise, but children most of all. If they learn to exercise at a young age, they will have the necessary skills to maintain it throughout their lives. Use the following exercises to help children around you move their bodies, and have fun at the same time.
1 Jumping Jacks
- While standing, jump your legs out and swing your arms out and up at the same time. Jump your feet back together again while returning your arms back to your sides.
- Have the children do as many jumping jacks as they can for one minute, then rest for one minute. Repeat this 3 or 4 times.
2 Slalom Jump
- While standing with your feet together, squat down about half way. Swing your arms and jump to the right, then back to the left.
- Do this 15-20 times, stop and rest for one minute, then do it 15-20 more times.
3 Cross Country Ski Jump
- Stand with your left leg and left arm in front of you and your right leg and right arm behind you. Bend your knees a little like you're running. Jump and swing your arms and legs in the opposite direction, then land on the floor.
- At this point, your left leg and arm should be behind you, and your right leg and arm should be in front. Jump again, swinging your arms and legs back to starting position.
- Do 2 sets of 15-20 reps.
4 Squat Thrust with Push
- Stand with your feet shoulder width apart and your hands down by your side. While keeping your back straight, bend down until your hands touch the floor in front of your toes.
- Put your hands flat on the floor in front of your feet and kick your feet straight out behind you. While keeping your back and legs straight, bend your elbows and do a push up.
- While keeping your hands on the floor, jump your feet back to just behind your hands. Stand up and return to starting position. Do 2 sets of 10 reps.
5 Alternating Toe Touch
- Stand with your back straight and feet about two feet apart. Put your arms straight out like you're making the shape of a T. While keeping your arms straight, bend forward and twist your body to touch your left foot with your right hand.
- Return to your starting position and repeat with the opposite hand and foot. Do 2 sets of 10-20 reps.
6 Stair Climber
- For this exercise, you walk up and down stairs different ways to work different muscles. Do 2 sets of 10-15 stairs each way on all three exercises.
- Walk only on the balls of your feet.
- Try to step softly with little or no noise.
- Walk only on the balls of your feet but skip every other stair.
- Walk down the stairs the same way, but do not skip any stairs. Walk placing your foot flat on each stair, leaving your heal hanging over the edge. Use your toes to push yourself up to the next stair. Walk down the stairs the same way.
7 Trunk Twists
- Stand with your hands on your hips and rotate your upper body as far as you can horizontally in each direction. Do this smoothly without jerking your body. Do 2 sets of 15-20 reps.