- Advanced (9) Intensify Your Workouts
- Abs/Core (33) Strong Core Strong Mind
- Arms & Shoulders (22) Sleek, Toned Arms
- Back (10) Core Strength Great Posture
- Beginner (20) Strong Foundation of Fitness
- Body/Muscle Building (38) Lean Muscle Definition
- Cardio Workouts (23) Get In Shape Now
- Celebrity Workouts (12) Workout Like a Celebrity
- Chest (11) Tone Up Your Chest
- Gym Workouts (11) Best Gym Workouts
- Home Workouts (39) Workout From Home
- Intermediate (24) Step Up Your Workouts
- Kid Friendly (13) Get Kids Movin'
- Legs & Glutes (23) Rockin' Lower Body
- Pool/Water Workouts (8) Water Fun & Fitness
- Pregnancy (14) Fit Pregnancy
- Running (19) Fit To Run
- Sports Workouts (9) Get Your Sport On
- Stretches/Flexibility (15) Power of Stretching
- Weight Loss (13) Lose Weight Fast
- Yoga/Pilates (11) Yoga/Pilates Strength & Focus
- Body Weight (10) Body Weight Fitness
Full Body Routine with a Swiss Ball
A Swiss ball is a great tool to use when exercising. You can use one to work out all your different muscle groups. If you are not familiar with Swiss balls, they are large, heavy-duty inflatable balls with an 18-30 inch diameter. A Swiss ball is also called an exercise ball, sports ball, fitness ball, therapy ball, body ball, gym ball, Pilates ball, stability ball, yoga ball, balance ball, or birth ball. Swiss balls are fun and safe, and are less expensive than other exercise equipment.
Full Body Routine with a Swiss Ball
1 Triceps Extension with a Swiss Ball
- Grab a dumbbell in each hand and position your body so your upper back and head are on a Swiss ball with your knees bent at a 90 degree angle and feet placed firmly on the ground. Your knees to your shoulders should make a line parallel to the ground.
- Hold the dumbbells above your head with your arms straight. While keeping your upper arms still, bend your elbows and lower the dumbbells until they are just above the top of your head.
- Move your lower arms up and down as listed above 8-10 times.
2 Wall Bicep Curl
- Stand with your feet together, body straight and a Swiss ball placed between you and a wall. Hold the ball with your fists, while your arms are bent at the elbow.
- The ball should be resting against the wall between your shoulders and waste. Your body should be straight, but at a slight angle so your feet are farther away from the wall than your head.
- While extending your arms, roll the ball down the wall until your arms are straight. Flex your arms again and roll the ball back up the wall. Repeat 8-10 times.
3 Shoulder Press with Dumbbells
- Sit on a Swiss ball with your back straight and feet planted firmly on the ground. Hold a dumbbell in each hand with your elbows bent and the dumbbells resting by your shoulders
- Push the dumbbells toward the ceiling until your arms are straight. Lower the dumbbells back to starting position and repeat. Repeat 8-10 times.
4 Y-Raise with a Swiss Ball
- Lay on top of a Swiss ball with your toes on the ground, your torso resting on the ball. Your back should be straight with your arms extended towards the ground.
- Raise your arms until they are parallel to the ground, creating a Y with your body. Wait, then slowly lower your arms back to starting position. Repeat 8-10 times.
5 Swiss Ball Push Up
- Get into a pushup position with your lower legs and feet resting on a Swiss ball.
- Dip your arms, bringing your chin close to the ground while keeping your body straight. Straighten your arms until you are in starting position and repeat 8-10 times.
6 Body Weight Wall Squat
- Stand so that a Swiss ball is resting between your back and the wall, with your feet about 2 feet in front of the rest of your body. Keep your knees slightly bent.
- Roll squat down until your thighs are parallel to the ground, while keeping the ball between you and the wall.
- Hold for a few seconds, then stand up again. Repeat for 8-10 times.
7 Hip Raise with Swiss Ball
- Lie face up on the ground with your lower legs resting on the ball. Raise your hips until your legs are straight and your lower back is off the ground.
- Bend your knees, rolling the ball towards you, until your knees are at a 90 degree angle.
- Gently roll the ball back and lower your body to starting position. Repeat 8-10 times.
8 Russian Twist
- Position your body so your upper back and head are on a Swiss ball with your knees bent at a 90 degree angle and feet placed firmly on the ground. Your knees to your shoulders should make a line parallel to the ground.
- Put your hands together and hold your arms straight out from your chest. While keeping your core tight, roll your body as far as you can to one side until your arms parallel to the ground. Roll the other direction until your arms parallel once again with the ground. Repeat 8-10 times.