- Advanced (9) Intensify Your Workouts
- Abs/Core (33) Strong Core Strong Mind
- Arms & Shoulders (22) Sleek, Toned Arms
- Back (10) Core Strength Great Posture
- Beginner (20) Strong Foundation of Fitness
- Body/Muscle Building (38) Lean Muscle Definition
- Cardio Workouts (23) Get In Shape Now
- Celebrity Workouts (12) Workout Like a Celebrity
- Chest (11) Tone Up Your Chest
- Gym Workouts (11) Best Gym Workouts
- Home Workouts (39) Workout From Home
- Intermediate (24) Step Up Your Workouts
- Kid Friendly (13) Get Kids Movin'
- Legs & Glutes (23) Rockin' Lower Body
- Pool/Water Workouts (8) Water Fun & Fitness
- Pregnancy (14) Fit Pregnancy
- Running (19) Fit To Run
- Sports Workouts (9) Get Your Sport On
- Stretches/Flexibility (15) Power of Stretching
- Weight Loss (13) Lose Weight Fast
- Yoga/Pilates (11) Yoga/Pilates Strength & Focus
- Body Weight (10) Body Weight Fitness
Get Ripped Like LL Cool J
Before starting this workout, warm up for 5 to 10 minutes using a stationary bike, treadmill, or any other cardiovascular machine. You could also run in place or do jumping jacks.
When doing a circuit, complete all the exercises without resting. Once they are all complete, rest for 1 minute before repeating the same circuit. Do the chest/cardio circuit twice, the biceps/cardio circuit three times. You can rest 1 minute between circuits. Do this circuit once a week for one month. If possible, increase the weight you use and the cardio intensity a little bit each week.
1 Barbell Bench Press
- Get to a bench press and lay flat on your back in a natural position with a spotter behind you.
- With the desired weight added to the bar, place your hands on the smooth part of the bar.
- Lift the bar from its resting place, and slowly bring the bar down towards your chest almost touching it.
- Slowly bring it back up in the air until your arms are nearly straight. One time lowering and raising the bar counts as one rep.
- Complete 4 sets of 10 reps.
- After each set, have a spotter help you place the bar back on the rack.
2 Explosive Push up
- Get in a push up position. Bend your elbows and lower your body down until your chin almost touches the ground.
- Push up straightening your arms with enough force that your hands actually leave the floor. Allow your hands to land back on the ground and repeat the process again.
- Do 8-10 reps.
3 Standing Cable Fly
- Attach a pair of stirrup handles to high-pulley cables. Grab a handle with each hand.
- Without altering the angle of your elbows, pull the handles towards your core, until they cross in front of your body. Hold a few seconds, then return to the starting position. Do 8-10 reps.
4 Mountain Climber with Hands on Swiss Ball
- Place your hands on a Swiss ball, with your toes on the floor and the rest of your body in a straight line.
- Alternate raising each knee towards your core. Do this continuously for 30 seconds.
1 Barbell Curls
- Stand holding a barbell with palms facing out, hands shoulder width apart, and the barbell resting against your thighs.
- While keeping your upper arms still, bend your elbows and bring the bar as high as you can towards your chest. Wait for a few seconds, then slowly lower the weight back to the where it started. Completely straighten your arms each time you return to the starting position.
- Do 8-10 reps with as much weight as you can.
2 Preacher Curl
- Rest your upper arms on the angled pad of a preacher bench while holding a barbell with an underhand grip.
- While keeping your upper arms still, bend your elbows and bring the bar toward your shoulders. Lower back down slowly and repeat. Do 8-10 reps.
3 Mountain Climber
- Get in a push up position with your arms extended. Your body should be straight from your head to your ankles.
- While keeping your body straight, bring one knee towards your core, then lower down again. Repeat with your other leg, alternating back and forth. Do this as fast as you can for 30 seconds.