- Advanced (9) Intensify Your Workouts
- Abs/Core (33) Strong Core Strong Mind
- Arms & Shoulders (22) Sleek, Toned Arms
- Back (10) Core Strength Great Posture
- Beginner (20) Strong Foundation of Fitness
- Body/Muscle Building (38) Lean Muscle Definition
- Cardio Workouts (23) Get In Shape Now
- Celebrity Workouts (12) Workout Like a Celebrity
- Chest (11) Tone Up Your Chest
- Gym Workouts (11) Best Gym Workouts
- Home Workouts (39) Workout From Home
- Intermediate (24) Step Up Your Workouts
- Kid Friendly (13) Get Kids Movin'
- Legs & Glutes (23) Rockin' Lower Body
- Pool/Water Workouts (8) Water Fun & Fitness
- Pregnancy (14) Fit Pregnancy
- Running (19) Fit To Run
- Sports Workouts (9) Get Your Sport On
- Stretches/Flexibility (15) Power of Stretching
- Weight Loss (13) Lose Weight Fast
- Yoga/Pilates (11) Yoga/Pilates Strength & Focus
- Body Weight (10) Body Weight Fitness
Intense Exercise Routine for Obese Individuals
Exercising is hard for most people, especially those who are overweight or obese. Often times, the idea of going to a gym, being surrounded by people who are all in great shape, is very intimidating. The last thing you want to do is show up and not know how to properly use the machines while everyone else stares at you. If this sounds familiar, the following work out is just what you need. It's designed for obese individuals with things you can do in your own living room. No equipment is necessary, just you and your body. Make sure to consult with a physician before beginning these exercises.
Perform all four exercises for one minute at a time. After you complete all four exercises, take a one minute break, then repeat the four exercises again. If you can't complete any of the exercises, do the best you can for as long as you can. These exercises work best when accompanied with proper rest and a healthy diet.
1 Squats (with or without dumbbells)
- Stand with feet shoulder width apart and arms down to your side.
- Bend your knees until your thighs are parallel to the ground. Keep your butt out and chin up. Stand up to starting position and repeat.
- Lie on the ground with your knees bent and feet planted on the ground.
- Reach forward until you touch your knees, then lie back down again.
3 Wall Pushups
- Stand about 3 feet away from a wall. Place your palms on the wall straight out from your shoulders.
- Bend your elbows allowing your body to fall towards the wall until your face almost touches. Keep your body straight throughout this movement.
- Push forward with your arms until you resume starting position, and repeat again.
4 Back extensions (lying on stomach moving opposing arms and legs in swimming motion)
- Lie face down on the ground with arms straight out in front and legs extended.
- Raise your arms and legs up in the air, keeping them all straight.
- Kick your legs as if you were swimming, and move your arms up and down.