- Advanced (9) Intensify Your Workouts
- Abs/Core (33) Strong Core Strong Mind
- Arms & Shoulders (22) Sleek, Toned Arms
- Back (10) Core Strength Great Posture
- Beginner (20) Strong Foundation of Fitness
- Body/Muscle Building (38) Lean Muscle Definition
- Cardio Workouts (23) Get In Shape Now
- Celebrity Workouts (12) Workout Like a Celebrity
- Chest (11) Tone Up Your Chest
- Gym Workouts (11) Best Gym Workouts
- Home Workouts (39) Workout From Home
- Intermediate (24) Step Up Your Workouts
- Kid Friendly (13) Get Kids Movin'
- Legs & Glutes (23) Rockin' Lower Body
- Pool/Water Workouts (8) Water Fun & Fitness
- Pregnancy (14) Fit Pregnancy
- Running (19) Fit To Run
- Sports Workouts (9) Get Your Sport On
- Stretches/Flexibility (15) Power of Stretching
- Weight Loss (13) Lose Weight Fast
- Yoga/Pilates (11) Yoga/Pilates Strength & Focus
- Body Weight (10) Body Weight Fitness
Is Exercise Equipment Hiding in your House?
Do you ever with you had a gym so you could use all their fancy equipment to get in a good workout? What if I told you there were regular things lying around you house that could give you a great full body workout? Once you know what to look for, you'll see possible exercise equipment everywhere you look. Here is a list of 5 things you can use around the house to exercise every major muscle group in your body, raise your heart beat, and get on some good healthy sweat.
1 Milk Gallon Weights
- You don't need dumbbells around your house to perform weight lifting exercises. If you have a gallon of milk, it can serve as a great form of dumbbell.
- Stand with feet shoulder width apart, one gallon of milk in each hand.
- Raise both gallon towards your shoulders, keeping your elbows against your body.
- Lower down and repeat 9 more times.
- Complete 3 total rounds.
- You can also modify the movement by doing one arm at a time.
2 Chair Dips
- If you have a chair, high coffee table, or bench, you can do triceps dips.
- Stand in front of a chair, bench or couch. Bend your knees and reach your arms back until your rest your palms on the chair.
- At this point, your thighs should be parallel with the ground.
- Bend your elbows and lower your body down, keeping your elbows facing behind you. Raise back up again and repeat a total of 10 times.
- Complete 3 circuits.
3 Junior Jump Rope
- If you have a kid with a jump rope, this can be a great exercise tool. Grab the jump rope and jump for 30 seconds straight, any way you like.
- Repeat this 4 more times for 5 full rounds.
- Once you feel comfortable with 30 second increments, go up to 45 or 60 second increments.
4 Bouncy Ball Lift
- Grab any bouncy ball, basketball, or other type of ball you have lying around your house and lay flat on the ground with the ball between your legs.
- Grab the ball with your feet and lower legs, then lift the ball towards the ceiling, then back down again. Keep your back flat throughout the movement.
- Do this 10 times for each round, and complete 3 rounds.
5 Table Top Dips
- If you have a kitchen table, end table or other table that sits against a wall, or is very stable, you can use it to work you chest and upper body.
- Stand about 3 feet away from the table, then reach out and put both hands on the surface.
- As you keep your body straight, bend your elbows and lower down like you're doing a push up. Straighten your arms and repeat 7 more times.
- Complete 3 rounds of 8 reps each.