- Advanced (9) Intensify Your Workouts
- Abs/Core (33) Strong Core Strong Mind
- Arms & Shoulders (22) Sleek, Toned Arms
- Back (10) Core Strength Great Posture
- Beginner (20) Strong Foundation of Fitness
- Body/Muscle Building (38) Lean Muscle Definition
- Cardio Workouts (23) Get In Shape Now
- Celebrity Workouts (12) Workout Like a Celebrity
- Chest (11) Tone Up Your Chest
- Gym Workouts (11) Best Gym Workouts
- Home Workouts (39) Workout From Home
- Intermediate (24) Step Up Your Workouts
- Kid Friendly (13) Get Kids Movin'
- Legs & Glutes (23) Rockin' Lower Body
- Pool/Water Workouts (8) Water Fun & Fitness
- Pregnancy (14) Fit Pregnancy
- Running (19) Fit To Run
- Sports Workouts (9) Get Your Sport On
- Stretches/Flexibility (15) Power of Stretching
- Weight Loss (13) Lose Weight Fast
- Yoga/Pilates (11) Yoga/Pilates Strength & Focus
- Body Weight (10) Body Weight Fitness
Pumping Up With Pumpkins
Fall is full of leaves changing colors, vegetable soups on the stove, and pumpkins. We have put together a fun workout that incorporates pumpkins. These workouts are perfect for kids of all ages, but even for adults. If you need a little extra motivation, you can even draw funny faces on the pumpkins beforehand. So gather friends and family and try out these fun exercises. Most of them are targeted at the core.
1 Pumpkin Trunk Rotations
- Sit on the floor with your knees bent, feet together, and heels on the floor while holding a medium-sized pumpkin close to your body.
- Keep your back straight and upright.
- Rotate your torso to one side, keeping the pumpkin close to you. Pause briefly and turn to the other side.
- Do 2 sets of 8 to 12 reps.
2 Pumpkin Lift
- Stand up straight with feet apart, left foot forward.
- Hold a pumpkin with both hands directly in front of you, close to your body.
- Without moving your core, slowly rotate your arms to the right so the ball is low and to the side of your right hip.
- Then, slowly rotate your arms up and across your body while keeping torso and hips still.
- Hold the pumpkin above your left shoulder for a moment before bringing the pumpkin back down to the side of your right hip.
- Do 10 to 12 reps on that side, then repeat the move to the opposite direction with your right foot forward.
- Do 2 sets of 10 to 12 reps on each side.
3 Pumpkin Twists
- Standing hip width apart with shoulders relaxed.
- Hold a medium-sized pumpkin a few inches in front of the chest, step forward into a lunge with the right leg. (Safety Tip: Keep the knee from sliding forward past the toes.)
- Get deep into that lunge, making sure the front thigh is parallel with the floor, then with extended arms, reach the pumpkin to the right, rotating the torso at the same time.
- Maintain the lunge and return to center.
- Come to standing, then lunge with the other leg (and rotate to the left this time).
- These can be done in place, or moving forward as walking lunges.
- Do the twist for 10-12 reps per side.
4 Pumpkin Shoulder Press
- This can be amped up with a heavier pumpkin.
- Hold a small to medium-sized pumpkin at the chest (about an inch away, right in front of the sternum).
- Extend the arms to the ceiling, reaching the pumpkin overhead, and slowly lower the pumpkin back to the start position.
- Press it out for 12-15 reps.