- Advanced (9) Intensify Your Workouts
- Abs/Core (33) Strong Core Strong Mind
- Arms & Shoulders (22) Sleek, Toned Arms
- Back (10) Core Strength Great Posture
- Beginner (20) Strong Foundation of Fitness
- Body/Muscle Building (38) Lean Muscle Definition
- Cardio Workouts (23) Get In Shape Now
- Celebrity Workouts (12) Workout Like a Celebrity
- Chest (11) Tone Up Your Chest
- Gym Workouts (11) Best Gym Workouts
- Home Workouts (39) Workout From Home
- Intermediate (24) Step Up Your Workouts
- Kid Friendly (13) Get Kids Movin'
- Legs & Glutes (23) Rockin' Lower Body
- Pool/Water Workouts (8) Water Fun & Fitness
- Pregnancy (14) Fit Pregnancy
- Running (19) Fit To Run
- Sports Workouts (9) Get Your Sport On
- Stretches/Flexibility (15) Power of Stretching
- Weight Loss (13) Lose Weight Fast
- Yoga/Pilates (11) Yoga/Pilates Strength & Focus
- Body Weight (10) Body Weight Fitness
Rock the Abs with Fitness Gurus Valerie Waters & Bob Harper
Bob Harper and Valerie Waters are amazing trainers that know how to get the abs in shape. They have workout techniques that will test your physical and mental strength and help you get the abs of envy.
1 Broken Windshield Wipers
- You will need a pair of valslides to do this exercise.
- This is a variation on the plank move that works the core.
- Place the valslides in the middle of your feet and get into the plank position.
- Use your abs to stabilize.
- Slide your right leg toward your chest, then straight back and swing it to the right side.
- Repeat on each side 15-20 times.
2 Belly Robbers
- Place your valslides on your hands and get into a push up position.
- Slide one hand out in front of you, reach as far as you can then bring it back.
- Slide the other hand way out in front of you then bring it back.
- Repeat this alternating set 15 times.
3 Alligator Walk
- Place your feet in the middle of the valslides and get into the plank position.
- Pull yourself forward with your arms. Keep your butt down and your legs straight.
- When you reach one side of the room (or space you are working in) use your abs to do 5 mini pikes sliding your feet in toward your chest and back into plank.
- Push yourself backwards keeping your legs straight and using your arms for movement.
- Return to your original position.
1 Lower Ab Pike
- Lay on your back with your knees bent.
- Place your hands behind your head and lift your head off the ground.
- Raise your legs straight toward the ceiling and flex your feet.
- Push your back into the floor, contract your abs and raise your butt off the ground extending your feet that much closer to the ceiling.
- As you lower your butt back to the ground, focus on control.
- Don't hurry down.
- Make your body work on the up and the down.
2 Boat Twist
- Sit on the floor with your knees bent your heels on the ground and your toes flexed.
- Sit straight so you have a nice straight line from your head to your butt.
- Put your palms together, arms straight out from your chest.
- Twist from side to side using your abs and moving your arms with your body.
- Arms should remain straight and dip to one side, almost touching the floor then dip to the other side almost touching the floor.
- Repeat this 20 times.
3 Alternating One Arm Plank
- Get into plank position on your forearms and toes. You should have a straight line from the top of your neck to the bottom of your feet.
- Hold the plank and raise one arm straight out in front of you then bring back to the floor.
- Raise the other arm then bring it back into position.
- Repeat for as long as you can.