Stretching and Flexibility
Although stretching is usually underrated, it provides many benefits to your body. Some of these include increased flexibility, better range of motions in joints, improved posture, relief from pain, and enhanced muscular coordination. By increasing blow flow to your muscles, it helps heal and strengthen them.
Stretching becomes even more important as you exercise regularly because the muscles that you work hard need to find a way to relax after the routine is done. This helps the recover and be ready for the next time you demand their full effort. Learn the proper way to stretch your muscles so they can perform at their best.
- Advanced (9) Intensify Your Workouts
- Abs/Core (33) Strong Core Strong Mind
- Arms & Shoulders (22) Sleek, Toned Arms
- Back (10) Core Strength Great Posture
- Beginner (20) Strong Foundation of Fitness
- Body/Muscle Building (38) Lean Muscle Definition
- Cardio Workouts (23) Get In Shape Now
- Celebrity Workouts (12) Workout Like a Celebrity
- Chest (11) Tone Up Your Chest
- Gym Workouts (11) Best Gym Workouts
- Home Workouts (39) Workout From Home
- Intermediate (24) Step Up Your Workouts
- Kid Friendly (13) Get Kids Movin'
- Legs & Glutes (23) Rockin' Lower Body
- Pool/Water Workouts (8) Water Fun & Fitness
- Pregnancy (14) Fit Pregnancy
- Running (19) Fit To Run
- Sports Workouts (9) Get Your Sport On
- Stretches/Flexibility (15) Power of Stretching
- Weight Loss (13) Lose Weight Fast
- Yoga/Pilates (11) Yoga/Pilates Strength & Focus
- Body Weight (10) Body Weight Fitness
Other Stretches/Flexibility Exercises & Workouts
- 11/8/13 - Beginner's Yoga Daily Dozen: Part 1 Yoga is an ancient practice that helps the body firm up, increase flexibility and posture and relax. It is very therapeutic and teaches the art of conscious relaxation. Allowing your body an escape... Read More...
- 11/27/13 - Beginner's Yoga Daily Dozen: Part 2 This is part 2 of the Beginner's Yoga Daily Dozen. Learn step by step how to perform poses such as the Standing Side Stretch and the Cobra Pose. Read More...
- 12/16/13 - Pilates for Beginners When it comes to listing the benefits of pilates, its hard to know where to start because there are so many to choose from. First of all, when doing pilates movements, you have to learn to... Read More...
- 01/14/14 - Yoga Postures: Beginner, Intermediate & Expert Yoga can be adapted to every skill level. You don't have to be impossibly flexible to start practicing Yoga. There are poses that beginners can do today. You can never outgrow Yoga. Once you... Read More...
- 12/12/13 - 4 Stretches To Do Before Running Regardless of how old or athletic you are, stretching can definitely benefit anyone before a run. Stretching helps to increase the range of motion and reduce any tension in your muscles. In addition... Read More...
- 10/29/13 - Stretches After Cardio: Neck, Shoulders & Arms Stretching after running a 5k or working out on a treadmill is important. It improves flexibility which can strengthen your performance and reduce injuries. Stretching allows your joints to develop... Read More...
- 08/2/14 - Active Isolated Stretches (AIS) Active Isolated Stretching (AIS) helps increase flexibility and range of motion. This is a technique that utilizes a rope to assist with simple stretches and allows you to stretch your muscle between... Read More...
- 02/22/14 - Building Your Flexibility Our muscles are very similar to rubber bands. If we don't use them on a regular basis, they will become tight. This can make it harder for us to move around, and cause real discomfort in our... Read More...
- 05/21/14 - Stretching After Cardio: Chest, Back, Abs, & Hips Most people know that doing regularly cardiovascular exercise is very important to staying healthy throughout your life. However, a lot of people don't realize that stretching after doing... Read More...
- 04/9/14 - Stretching After Cardio: Groin, Quads, & Ankles One of the best things to do after a good cardio workout is stretch your muscles and loosen them up. This will help to make sure they dont stiffen up or cramp. Make sure to perform these stretching... Read More...