- Advanced (9) Intensify Your Workouts
- Abs/Core (33) Strong Core Strong Mind
- Arms & Shoulders (22) Sleek, Toned Arms
- Back (10) Core Strength Great Posture
- Beginner (20) Strong Foundation of Fitness
- Body/Muscle Building (38) Lean Muscle Definition
- Cardio Workouts (23) Get In Shape Now
- Celebrity Workouts (12) Workout Like a Celebrity
- Chest (11) Tone Up Your Chest
- Gym Workouts (11) Best Gym Workouts
- Home Workouts (39) Workout From Home
- Intermediate (24) Step Up Your Workouts
- Kid Friendly (13) Get Kids Movin'
- Legs & Glutes (23) Rockin' Lower Body
- Pool/Water Workouts (8) Water Fun & Fitness
- Pregnancy (14) Fit Pregnancy
- Running (19) Fit To Run
- Sports Workouts (9) Get Your Sport On
- Stretches/Flexibility (15) Power of Stretching
- Weight Loss (13) Lose Weight Fast
- Yoga/Pilates (11) Yoga/Pilates Strength & Focus
- Body Weight (10) Body Weight Fitness
Use Ballet Moves to get Killer Legs
These six ballet exercises can be used by those who are trained dancers, or beginners alike. Do one set of 10-12 reps for each exercise three days a week on nonconsecutive days. The only prop you'll need besides your body is a sturdy chair or railing to hold onto.
1 Basic Releve
- Stand with your hands making a circle over your head and one leg slightly bent, toes pointed. Raise the planted leg up until you're standing on your toes, with the other leg still slightly bent.
- Slowly lower down until the planted foot is once again flat on the floor.
2 Side Lying Passe
- Lie on one side with your bottom arm resting flat on the ground. Bend the elbow of the upper arm and place the palm on the ground in front of you for support.
- Have both legs pointing out, making a straight line with your body.
- Bend the upper legs knee, pointing the toe, until the toe touches the planted knee. Straighten the upper leg as you lift it up towards the sky. Once that leg is fully outstretched and fully perpendicular to the ground, gently lower back to starting position.
3 Pelvic Tilt
- Lie on your back with knees bent and feet flat on the floor.
- Raise your feet up onto your toes and lift one leg straight up into the air.
- While keeping your upper leg straight, and lower toes pointed, lift your pelvis up and down.
- Gently lower down and repeat with the other leg.
4 Kneeling Hinge
- Kneel on the ground with knees slightly apart.
- While flexing your abs and legs, lean back and touch the ground behind you with one arm, then do the same with the other arm.
- Continue doing this for the required number of reps.
5 Standing Leg Circle
- Stand while holding onto a steady chair or bar and lift one leg out at an angle with your toes pointed.
- Move your outstretched leg in circles going one direction, then circle around in the other direction.
- Repeat this using the opposite leg.
6 Seated Attitude Lift
- Sit with both knees bent and legs flat on the floor. Both legs should be faced at angles going out from your shoulders.
- Lean to one side, resting your hands on the floor.
- Raise up the leg not under your arms and lower back down again. Repeat for the required number of reps.