- Advanced (9) Intensify Your Workouts
- Abs/Core (33) Strong Core Strong Mind
- Arms & Shoulders (22) Sleek, Toned Arms
- Back (10) Core Strength Great Posture
- Beginner (20) Strong Foundation of Fitness
- Body/Muscle Building (38) Lean Muscle Definition
- Cardio Workouts (23) Get In Shape Now
- Celebrity Workouts (12) Workout Like a Celebrity
- Chest (11) Tone Up Your Chest
- Gym Workouts (11) Best Gym Workouts
- Home Workouts (39) Workout From Home
- Intermediate (24) Step Up Your Workouts
- Kid Friendly (13) Get Kids Movin'
- Legs & Glutes (23) Rockin' Lower Body
- Pool/Water Workouts (8) Water Fun & Fitness
- Pregnancy (14) Fit Pregnancy
- Running (19) Fit To Run
- Sports Workouts (9) Get Your Sport On
- Stretches/Flexibility (15) Power of Stretching
- Weight Loss (13) Lose Weight Fast
- Yoga/Pilates (11) Yoga/Pilates Strength & Focus
- Body Weight (10) Body Weight Fitness
Workout With Your Baby
About six weeks after your baby's birth, your doctor usually gives you the o.k. to resume your workout program, or suggests you begin one. Unfortunately, as a new mom, you have no time, no energy, and are hesitant to leave your baby unattended. These four exercises will help you get back in shape while allowing you to hold or be near your baby the whole time.
1 Baby Side Squat
- Hold your baby in your arms and close to your chest. Stand with your feet about hip width apart, stomach flexed and shoulders back. Take a large step to one side, push your butt out, and keep your upper body straight as you bend your knees until your thighs are almost parallel with the floor. Hold this position as you continue flexing your abs, then raise back up to starting position. Repeat on the other side. Do alternating reps until you've done 10 on each side.
2 Plank Leg Raises
- Put your baby on the floor. Bring yourself to a push up plank position so that your face is above your baby's face. Try to keep eye contact with your baby. With your abs flexed and body straight, slowly raise one foot off the ground a few inches. Lower your leg, then repeat on the other side. Do alternating reps until you've done 10 on each side.
3 Double Crunch With Twist
- Sit on the floor with knees bent and feet flat on the floor. Hold your baby close to your chest as you sit up tall and lean back until you feel your abs flex. Twist your upper body slightly to one side, then the next, flexing your abs as you come back to center. Do this 10-15 times. If this is too hard, just eliminate the twist and hold for 15 seconds.
4 Good Mornings
- Stand in front of your bed with your baby in your chest, and feet hip about width apart. Keeping your legs straight (without locking them), slowly push your butt back and bend forward until your baby and upper body hover over the bed. Flex your abs and glutes to return to standing position. Do this 10-15 times.