Longevity Through Exercise
- Popular Diets (32) What Fits You
- Fantastic Food (74) Nutrition & Well...
- News & Events (35) Current Events
- Fitness Workouts (50) Fit & Trim
- DT Challenges (3) DT Challenges
- Weekly News Update (7) DT Weekly News Updat...
The older you get, the harder it may seem to exercise, but the more important it may become. Several studies have found that older adults with greater physical function and higher muscle mass are about 50% less likely to be hospitalized than those that don't exercise regularly.
Seniors who regularly work their core muscles have better balance, which greatly helps with safety and ability to avoid injury. Those recovering from a medical issue may increase their rate or recovery by working out. Older adults who stay strong are able to live longer, more enjoyable lives with the people they love.